Vertical Obsessions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» what did u do to your car/truck today?
by southernblues Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 pm

» OLD PICTURES
by southernblues Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:12 pm

» Happy 4th yall!
by southernblues Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:54 am

» Southernblues
by southernblues Mon May 25, 2015 1:17 pm

» 87 Toyota pickup
by NomaOnAir Tue May 12, 2015 11:37 pm

» SLAMFEST 2015 PRE-REG
by GreenWithEnvy Tue May 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Ryan.......

4 posters

Go down

Ryan....... Empty Ryan.......

Post by coop2u407 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 pm

I think you should get a motorcycle. But just to let you know, a thick piece of plastic and some leather doesn't make you invincible...
Motorcyclist killed in Apopka van crash identified
Adam Horak, 33, lived in Apopka, police said.
July 24, 2011|By Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel

The 33-year-old Apopka man killed Saturday in a motorcycle crash was identified today as Adam Horak.

According to his Facebook page, Horak was chief investment officer at Allied Global Investments, a Lake Mary pooled trust that lists him as a director.

Horak was eastbound on State Road 436 Saturday about 5:15 p.m. when his Kawasaki slammed into the back of a van at Piedmont Wekiwa Road, Apopka police Capt. Jerome Miller said. Neither of the occupants of the van was hurt, Miller said.
Ads by Google

Free Death Records SearchAccess Billions of Records Now. Find the People You're Looking For! Deaths.Archives.com

Witnesses told investigators the motorcycle appeared to be speeding.

Horak was thrown off, and his body hit the van, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Horak had a history of speeding, driving too closely, careless driving and improper passing, court records show. He had attended a court-mandated program for aggressive drivers.

Horak graduated from Iowa State University, according to his Facebook page. His family is coming from Iowa to claim his body, police said.

sjacobson@orlandosentinel.com or 407-540-5981

I was about three feet behind Adam when he hit the back of the van. He was wearing a helmet but still broke his back and ruptured his aorta. Videos of motorcycle accidents dont do any justice for what it's like to actually be in it. Everyones seen the youtube videos where the guy just hops back up on his feet. He wasnt that lucky. Everytime I've riden a bike since then It all plays over in my head. I just want you to know that it's not IF you get in an accident, it's WHEN.

coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Ryan....... Empty Re: Ryan.......

Post by coop2u407 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Because witnesses said we were speeding me and my other friend who were riding with him were took into custody and questioned for street racing and vehicular homocide charges against us. sport bikes have a bad rep. it took about five minutes for anyone to show up on the scene of the accident and the first guy there was an apopka police officer. After giving up hopes on Adam regaining conscienceness we sat on the curb waiting for fire rescue to show up. the cop walked over to Adam, laughed, walked back to us and pulled out his notebook saying, "So how fast do you think you were going? 90?". I won't lie and say we were doing the speed limit but I know for a fact that no one was going over 55. 10 over the speed limit is speeding but lets be honest, there are alot of people that drive alot faster than that. If it wasn't for the van running a stop sign to get out onto 436 and cut across 4 lanes of traffic with no turn signal and not even bothering to accelerate up to the speed limit, none of this would have ever hapenned. I guess im done with my rant?
coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Post by coop2u407 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:21 pm

SANFORD, Fla. -

A 28-year-old Orlando man was killed early Tuesday when his motorcycle rear-ended a pickup truck on Interstate 4 in Seminole County and at least one other vehicle ran him over, authorities said.

The crash occurred around 4:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of I-4 at County Road 46A near State Road 417.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a 2007 Kawasaki was traveling westbound on I-4 at a high rate of speed and struck the rear of a 2004 Ford pickup driven by Justin Adams, 29, of Sorrento.
Quick Clicks

Woman diagnosed with dengue fever
4 formally charged in VFW shooting
Early voting locations
Long lines expected on last day of...
FDLE releases crime statistics

The motorcyclist, who has been identified as Randalh Ignacio, was ejected onto I-4 and run over, troopers said. At least one car ran over the motorcyclist without stopping and that driver could face charges.

The FHP said Ignacio was wearing a helmet. Alcohol tests are pending, the FHP report said.

Adams was not injured and was not under the influence of alcohol, troopers said.

Charges are pending against the driver or drivers who ran over the motorcyclist and did not stop.

I-4 westbound was closed between State Road 46 and County Road 46A, but the interstate was reopened about four hours later. Traffic was backed up for at least seven miles, causing major delays for motorists.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

rode with this guy a few times to. I'm sure you heard about this one the day it hapenned or your mom and dad probably did.
coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Post by lowkota95 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 pm

but i wont be traveling at a high rate of speed on a 300 lol and prob will not be going close to i-4 or any other highway at that just to school lol but thanks for sharing these
lowkota95
lowkota95
Orlando Member
Orlando Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coop2u407 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:38 pm

we were about two miles for a school on 436 not traveling at a high rate of speed. my dad got tboned by a ford focus just sitting at a traffic light and broke his leg in three different places. just saying. you dont have to be the stereotypical rider to get nailed by some asshole on there cellphone. its not like you can just hop up onto a curb if someone gets in your lane. just want you to know that on a bike your a cockroach with no legs on a busy sidewalk. and you can on a 300. used to ride with a guy that had a ninja 250 and dont think for a second that he couldnt keep up in the group.
coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Post by lowkota95 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm

true well i know to especially look out from other people by being a very alert rider
lowkota95
lowkota95
Orlando Member
Orlando Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NomaOnAir Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm

It doesn't take any rate of speed to get killed on a bike. An it doesn't take much of a rate of speed to get killed in a car , much less a bike.

Ive watched a dude get rear ended on a bike at a stop light one day , needless to say the bike ended up half way through the intersection an the guy ended up on the other side of it . Motionless.

a 300 will do well over 100 , and you are aware that in most cases people who are killed in accidents are killed with like a 2-3 mile radius of there house so traveling distance really doesn't mean anything.

Guess it will take a hard lesson or 2 to get hint.

NomaOnAir
Orlando Member
Orlando Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lowkota95 Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am

when i drive to and from school im almost the onlyone on the road but yes i do understand that i can get killed easily
lowkota95
lowkota95
Orlando Member
Orlando Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coop2u407 Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 am

And pads and a helmet isnt titanium. a guy I road with out in bushnell used to ride moto GP. he wore full lether racing gear everywhere he went. he lost it in a wheelie on a straightaway doing 110MPh. they say he slid about a mile on pavement. needless to say he had to have skin grafts done. and I hate saying this but I caught a puddle of water in a parking lot and spun the back tire making a corner at about 10MPH. bike slid until it caught traction then bucked the other way shooting me about five feet off of it. i wont lie that shit hurt and i was limpin like a little bitch. but aslong as your doing nothing stupid your about 20% safer on a bike. but I promise you. ILL BET MY PAYCHECK ON IT. If you ever got hit by a car while you were doing the speed limit the driver of the other vehicle and all the witnesses will say you were speeding. I promise they will make it your fault. YOU are the careless one on the motorcycle. your the dumbass that runs from the cops weaving through traffic going a gajillion miles an hour. your on a sportbike and now you are stereotyped. you might not do it. but everyone else knows you do.
coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Post by lowkota95 Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 am

and thats what i fucking hate not everyone on a bike is a douche and i wont be trying anything stupid untill i completly comfortable riding and then again i might not do anything stupid at all
lowkota95
lowkota95
Orlando Member
Orlando Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coop2u407 Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 am

no. you will do stupid shit. I garuntee it. and no not everyone on a motorcycle like that. but to everyone in a car you are a psycopathic death seeking adrenaline junkie. The stereotype will never go away until the riders do.
coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Post by POS-hardbody Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 am

wow.... lots of shizzz there. But i will say this, having a bike as your only daily could be a mofo. and trust me, people dont see bikes. i got two rods to prove that lol
POS-hardbody
POS-hardbody
Orlando Member
Orlando Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coop2u407 Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 am

yeah/ and most dont even look. but he will have his moms car or truck to use if it comes down to it.
coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Post by coop2u407 Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 am

coop2u407
coop2u407
Club Affiliate

Back to top Go down

Post by lowkota95 Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 am

I'll be driving my truck about three times a week also I'm not going to not drive it I just need somthing better on gas and cheap ill drive my truck when it rains and stuff
lowkota95
lowkota95
Orlando Member
Orlando Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum